OregonASK recognizes the crucial link between what children and youth experience in afterschool programs and the skills and knowledge of the program staff who work with them.
To assist in improving the overall quality of afterschool programs in Oregon, OregonASK and its partners are creating ways to develop and support the professional development infrastructure by:
- Ensuring that afterschool is recognized and supported on state level professional development committees.
- Encouraging and facilitating the development of systems of training.
- Supporting professional development by identifying and supporting trainers.
- Providing technical assistance and resources.
- Educating afterschool professionals using Oregon’s Core Competencies which can lead to an School-Age Credential through our partners at the Oregon Center for Career Development (OCCD).
OregonASK believes that quality afterschool programs are committed to providing each child and youth with an enriching experience that enhances their growth and learning opportunities.
Recognizing Summer Superstars & Afterschool Heroes
Join us in helping show our appreciation for Afterschool and Summer Professionals!
We are asking for those of you in programs to take a moment to highlight some of your amazing peers. There are 4 categories to select from as think about superstars and heroes doing this work every day:
- Site Coordinator
- Program Director
In Spring 2022, OregonASK launched this effort to help elevate and recognize some of the amazing afterschool and summer professionals across Oregon. You can check out our first year of winners here.
- Educator/Teacher: Hailey Knapp De Grave
- Site Coordinator: Perry Kishaba & Yanira Herrera
- Program Director: Joe Fye
- Champion/Advocate: Jon Myers