OregonASK recognizes the crucial link between what children and youth experience in afterschool programs and the skills and knowledge of the program staff who work with them.
To assist in improving the overall quality of afterschool programs in Oregon, OregonASK and its partners are creating ways to develop and support the professional development infrastructure by:
- Ensuring that afterschool is recognized and supported on state level professional development committees.
- Encouraging and facilitating the development of systems of training.
- Supporting professional development by identifying and supporting trainers.
- Providing technical assistance and resources.
- Educating afterschool professionals using Oregon’s Core Competencies which can lead to an School-Age Credential through our partners at the Oregon Center for Career Development (OCCD).