Our Reports & Research
Reimagine Oregon: Improving Youth-to-Work and Workforce Systems in the Wake of COVID-19
With the support of the National League of Cities, OregonASK partnered with four workforce boards and representatives from nearly a dozen Oregon cities and mayors’ offices to explore how their communities were responding to the COVID crisis.
This document describes the genesis of the project, its purpose and goals, and summarizes the process used to engage participants. It concludes with four recommendations for advancing the changes stakeholders advocated throughout the process.
OregonASK has produced a variety of research on afterschool and summer learning in Oregon. All of our reports are linked below.
- Reimagine Oregon: Improving Youth-to-Work and Workforce Systems in the Wake of COVID-19 (9/2020)
- Oregon Expanded Learning COVID-19 Survey Brief Report (5/4/2020)
- State of Access and Equity of Afterschool in Oregon (2020)
- Smart Summers: Investing in Experience, Skills, and Oregon’s Future through Summer Learning (2018)
- Report & Recommendations for Improving Access to Learning and Creating A Sustainable Pathway for All (Every Student Success Acts and Expanded Learning Opportunities) (2017)
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) in Out-of-School-Time Programs in Oregon (2015)
- Oregon Summer Learning Report: Summer Learning, Summer Library, Summer Lunch (2015)
- Afterschool: A Parent Point of View (2013)
- Afterschool Workforce: A Critical Partner (2012)
- Oregon’s Vision for Supporting Student Success through Expanded Learning Opportunities (2012)
Other Oregon-Specific Research
The Oregon-specific research linked below was produced by OregonASK partner organizations, often in collaboration with OregonASK.
- Afterschool & STEM System-Building Evaluation 2016: State Afterschool Network Report – Oregon. Published by the PEAR Institute & Institute for Measurement, Methodology, Analysis & Policy at Texas Tech University
- Check out Oregon’s Fact Page from the Afterschool Alliance’s America After 3pm report, where Oregon qualifies as a top 10 states for afterschool.