Our Reports & Research
Afterschool in Oregon: Return on Investment
To date, OregonASK Expanded Learning Partnership has documented 1,211 afterschool program sites around the state. In recent years, it has become more and more difficult for families and youth to participate in afterschool programs. Perhaps the simplest solution is to create affordable, accessible afterschool opportunities through public funding or subsidization.
This return on investment study uses existing research and Oregon-specific data to estimate the
returns from a theoretical public investment to subsidize afterschool programs.
OregonASK has produced a variety of research on afterschool and summer learning in Oregon. All of our reports are linked below.
- 2 Weeks Ready: Emergency Preparedness in Oregon’s Child Care & Afterschool Programs (4/2021)
- Afterschool in Oregon: Return on Investment (3/2021)
- Afterschool in Oregon: Return on Investment Executive Summary (3/2021)
- Reimagine Oregon: Improving Youth-to-Work and Workforce Systems in the Wake of COVID-19 (9/2020)
- Oregon Expanded Learning COVID-19 Survey Brief Report (5/4/2020)
- State of Access and Equity of Afterschool in Oregon (2020)
- Smart Summers: Investing in Experience, Skills, and Oregon’s Future through Summer Learning (2018)
- Report & Recommendations for Improving Access to Learning and Creating A Sustainable Pathway for All (Every Student Success Acts and Expanded Learning Opportunities) (2017)
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) in Out-of-School-Time Programs in Oregon (2015)
- Oregon Summer Learning Report: Summer Learning, Summer Library, Summer Lunch (2015)
- Afterschool: A Parent Point of View (2013)
- Afterschool Workforce: A Critical Partner (2012)
- Oregon’s Vision for Supporting Student Success through Expanded Learning Opportunities (2012)
Other Oregon-Specific Research
The Oregon-specific research linked below was produced by OregonASK partner organizations, often in collaboration with OregonASK.
- Afterschool & STEM System-Building Evaluation 2016: State Afterschool Network Report – Oregon. Published by the PEAR Institute & Institute for Measurement, Methodology, Analysis & Policy at Texas Tech University
- Check out Oregon’s Fact Page from the Afterschool Alliance’s America After 3pm report, where Oregon qualifies as a top 10 states for afterschool.