Website OregonASK Expanded Learning Partnership
This position is responsible for supporting and coordinating all aspects of equity development projects, including equity training and resource development working closely with the Executive Director of OregonASK and OregonASK project partners. Responsibilities will include a variety of tasks associated with the breadth of equitable strategies carried out as part of our state level work.
The Equitable Strategies Coordinator must thrive in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision, and quickly comprehend and act on changing priorities when necessary. This position will be interacting with new and potential partners as we deepen our equity-focused work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position implements aspects of OregonASK equity and partnership initiatives, including:
- Project timeline organization & implementation
- Communicate, coordinate, and facilitate equity-based meetings with partners.
- Manage communications & relations with partners from across the state, in order to develop new partnerships.
- Support professional development training implementation, in coordination with the training team
- Support development of equity-centered resources for the field of afterschool
- Support and implement data collection processes.
- Oversight and completion of individual projects, as directed by the Executive Director.
- Provide support for annual conference and events.
- Assist Executive Director, when requested, and project partners in the solicitation of funding, including grant applications and communication materials.
- Write and prepare required paperwork for the administration.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
Candidates for this position should have a bachelor’s degree and work-related experience.
- Must possess exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Individual must be flexible, have the ability to work in fast-paced environments, and be able to handle rigorous demands.
- Individual should work discreetly with confidential information.
- Coordinators must be able to work under pressure.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Customer Service – demonstrate the ability to respond with a high degree of urgency to the needs & requests of others, internally and externally. Understand the impact of their work on others.
- Demonstrated organization of office materials
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and positive attitude.
- Demonstrated superior communication skills with both internal and external contacts.
- Understand safety policies and actively promote safe practices in the workplace.
- Maintain constructive relationships and demonstrate respect for everyone contacted.
- Deal constructively with conflict and focus on the situation, issue or behavior and not on the person by diffusing situations before conflicts arise, resolving conflicts directly and actively promoting and gaining cooperation from others, willingness and ability to adjust to changing conditions or priorities.
- Take the initiative to identify and act on problems and lead by example.
- Consistently make decisions that resolve problems.
EQUITABLE STRATEGIES COORDINATOR ROLE FOR 2021-2022
- Coordinate OregonASK’s Equity Committee, including recruitment of new members, Committee meeting facilitation, communication, etc.
- Coordinate development of equity-centered resources (short videos, written documents, etc.) for the field of afterschool (based on proposal already developed with Equity Committee)
- Support Service to Careers Implementation with Todos Juntos & Clackamas Workforce (if funded)
- Support Equitable Afterschool Cohort Training by managing implementation logistics (outreach, registration, communication, etc.)
- Participate in partner efforts/committees that support equity in expanded learning
- Utilize and keep updated OregonASK database system with contact information
OregonASK Team Support
- Participate as a team member of OregonASK events, including the Oregon Afterschool Conference, Day at the Capitol, etc.
- Participate in partner committee meetings
- Participate in staff meetings
- Support quality campaign with OregonASK and partner organizations
$35,000 – 37,000, depending on experience.
- Healthcare with 100% employer contribution. Option for vision and dental, with 50% employer contribution
- 84 hours of PTO in first year of employment (plus all federal holiday and one week of paid holiday time between Christmas and New Years)
- Employer matched retirement plan
Please note: Position is full-time work from home until further notice. When pandemic restrictions ease, position is anticipated to be hybrid office and work from home.
Position open until filled. Anticipated start date no earlier than June 1.
TO APPLY: Please email cover letter and resume to Katie Lakey at email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit oregonask.org.